Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, ~ 1 thess 4:11
I came across this verse during my bible study last week. Hmm.. i remember this verse from my quiet time three to four years ago. Haha. Yes.. it's three to four years ago. It was the period of time after i completed the biggest exams in my whole life.. A LEVELS. Haha. As i was choosing what to do next, what should i major in, what do i want to work as in the future and do i really want to be a teacher.. this verse caught my attention.
It talks about a lifestyle a Christian should have..
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life
A life that is simple, peaceful. Not chasing after dreams that lead me to nowhere.
Mind your own business
Not to be a busybody, wanting to know everything. 不要什么都要管。
Recently as i studied this verse again. I felt a tight slap in the face. Haha. Oh well.. You see.. i think that i want to know everything and be kept in the loop even if that certain matter doesnt concern me at all. I want to know stuff. Sigh. busybody huh..
So i asked questions wanting to get answers, when i dont get my answers, i get frustrated. And I will spend my time brooding over it*what a waste of time* And it really affects me quite a bit.
Then i thought about it. Why do i get so frustrated? Why do i want to know everything?
Joyce did mentioned that there's a few reasons why people want to know everything. Maybe the person wants to feel important.. or maybe the person is just being a busybody.. I cant really say for myself which am i, maybe both. But i guess i really want to be important in some of your lives. Hmm.. sounds weird huh.
I suppose i will struggle with this for quite a long time.. until i learn to let go of things and trust God that whatever happens is for the good of His children.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home